Here is the version 1.3.1, that includes a stability bugfix (for Windows) and a big personal fulfillment: a native Linux VST version. Following what I did in the Windows version, the Linux version was made without frameworks, using the Xlib directly. The code of both versions are very didatic, following the same structure and is a good start point for who want to learn how to do the same. The binaries (Windows and Linux, 32 and 64-bit) are available here.
on Qtractor (using a non-default skin):
Thank Dave Phillips and Rui Nuno Capela by the tests on Linux, Doktor Italics, Layzer and Phil Considine for tests on Windows.
From this moment, the Oxe FM Synth is an open source project, licensed under GNU GPL v3, for anyone who want to study the code and contribute to turn it better or even start portings to new platforms. I lost many years of evolution because I didn’t do it before (while I wasn’t evoluting the code), but never is too late. I appreciate some help to do the Mac OS and Linux versions. The code is on GitHub. There are more uses, beside to be a VST plugin: it could be used as a demo/game sound engine too. So… enjoy!
After many requests, here is the version 1.3.0 with full automation support and some useful features to improve the usability.
– new feature: full automation (on channel 1);
– new feature: mouse over feature;
– new feature: double click for default value;
– new feature: host undo/redo support;
– all parameter changes are now applied immediately;
– removed the “compare” function (right click);
– the “store” button now is only used as “copy” function;
– fixed the fine tune display value when keyboard tracking is off;
– fixed bug in LFO rate control.
Thanks to Doktor Italics, Phil Considine and Layzer for beta testing.